Discuss this workshop
Trip Dates: October 4-12, 2014
Trip Cost: $5,975
Single Supplement: $900
Mike Hagen and the Nikonians Academy invites you to visit Cuba legally!
We will be traveling under the auspices of Cuba Cultural Travel, an organization that has specialized in travel to Cuba since 1998. In 2011, the U.S. Government passed an executive order making it easier for Americans to visit Cuba. The federal government has issued licenses to a select number of tour companies to operate what are known as “People to People Cultural Exchanges” and Cuba Cultural Travel is one of them.
Our journey will take us to Havana, the capital of the country and its commercial and cultural center since colonial times. You will experience the wonderful rustic charm of a city that has remained largely unchanged for over 50 years. You will meet the Cuban people and learn about daily life in this amazing, complex city.
Cuba has a rich and varied cultural heritage. Since the revolution, there has been an aggressive program of cultural reforms that has promoted artistic talent on the island. The result is a highly respected collection of art, music, and dance institutions and academies that have gained international acclaim. Even in the face of economic difficulties, Cuba continues to place a high value on artistic creativity and maintains its cultural integrity.
During our stay, we will experience Cuban art, history, architecture, religion, dance & music. Throughout our tour we will enjoy the type of intimate personal exchanges that build lifelong relationships including overnight stays with Cuban families in the stunning Viñales Valley known for the finest tobacco produced in the world.
This trip will not only bring us together with the people of Cuba, but will enable us to develop friendships and a new understanding of the rich and varied cultural fabric of this unique island nation. A true people to people exchange!
The group will be kept to a maximum of 15 passengers who will be accompanied by several highly experienced guides throughout the journey.
We will explore the fascinating neighborhoods of Old Havana and surrounding neighborhood and have privileged entry into places and locations that tourists do not typically have access to.
Trip Dates for this unique visit are Sunday October 5, 2014 through Sunday October 12, 2014. Your arrival date to Miami should be Saturday, October 4, 2014. We will then travel together from Miami to Havana as a group on a chartered flight.
Costs are as follows:
$5,975.00 Double occupancy, including Miami-Havana-Miami airfare
$6,875.00 Single occupancy, including Miami-Havana-Miami airfare
For a detail description of items included and not included, please refer to the Tours Cost & Conditions attached.
We will ask for a deposit to hold your place(s), to be received by July 7, 2014. Following receipt of your reservation form and deposit, further information regarding travel arrangements and a detailed itinerary will be provided to each traveler.
For general information and frequently asked questions, please visit www.cubaculturaltravel.com.
• Five (5) night accommodation at 5 Star Hotel Parque Central Havana (standard room).
• Two (2) night accommodation in Casa Particulares in Viñales, Pinar Del Rio.
• Roundtrip Airfare – Miami/Havana/Miami (approximately $550 per person).
• Daily breakfast.
• Six (6) lunches & three (3) dinners as listed in the itinerary including tips.
• Air conditioned bus throughout the trip equipped with cold water at all times.
• Admission to all museums and public buildings listed in itinerary.
• Cuba Cultural Travel Escort and local Cuban tour guide.
• Cuban Tourist Visa.
• Health insurance & emergency evacuation coverage (excluding pre-existing conditions).
• Compliance with US Treasury Department.
• Airline baggage fees ($20 per bag, $2.00 per pound over 44 pounds).
• Accommodations in Miami
• Airfare to/from Miami
• Meals other than listed on itinerary.
• Gratuities for guide and driver.
• Individualized hotel expenses (mini bar, room service, laundry fees, etc).
• Cuban Airport Departure tax (25 CUC = approximately $30 USD).
• Trip cancellation insurance.
Charter flight schedule from Miami to Havana will be provided at a later time.
To register please contact Laura Adams via email at Laura@CubaCulturalTravel.com or by phone at (760) 645-3269 Monday thru Friday from 9am to 5pm with any questions.
Member prices are only applicable to Nikonians Silver, Gold and Platinum Members. Non-members can register as Nikonians members here. Nikonians Basic members can upgrade the membership level here. Membership payments help sustain the growth of the Nikonians community and its services such as the Nikonians Academy.