Discuss this workshop
This is the workshop Nikonians photographers have been asking for; two full days engaged in full emersion learning, capturing and processing images. The D800/D800e and D4 cameras are a new breed of DSLR and this is a new type of workshop designed specifically for these new cameras.
Learn how to operate the D800 & D4 systems, capture images during a hands-on photo session and how to process image both in-camera and during post-processing. Want to shorten the D800 & D4 learning curve? This workshop is for you because you’ll learn how to fully use the four creative controls for the D800 & D4 cameras.
The Nikon D800 / D800e / D4 cameras are truly incredible. These megapixel FX-format DSLR’s are a brand new and different type of camera. They’re built for photographers who require the highest quality images from a fully integrated imaging system.
On the first day of the workshop we’ll begin by exploring the new features of the D800 and D4 cameras:
• How the D800 / D4 systems work together to create high quality images.
• How the Exposure Modes (Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual) determine exposure settings.
• Exposure Compensation system in the Program, Aperture and Shutter Priorities.
• Selecting and fine-tuning the nine different white balance settings.
• The three metering modes.
• When and why to use the different auto-focus systems to keep images crisp and sharp.
• Release modes.
We’ll wrap up the first day with a hands-on photo session so we can put into use the skills you learned during the day.
On day two we’ll begin the day with a hands-on photo session. Then we’ll return to the meeting room to continue learning about the camera and post processing.
Key Points for Day Two:
• Exploring and understand how the Retouch Menu can be used for in-camera processing.
• Setting up custom Picture Control settings in-camera.
• Transferring Picture Controls from camera to computer.
• How to create custom Picture Controls with Nikon Capture NX 2
• Basic post-processing workflow techniques with Lightroom 4 and Capture NX 2.
• Learn the five critical workflow steps to develop images for output.
• How to capture stunning movie with the 1080p HD video.
This workshop is for photographers who want to learn how to utilize the performance, speed and handling of the D800/D800e and D4 cameras.
Member prices are only applicable to Nikonians Silver, Gold and Platinum Members. Non-members can register as Nikonians members here. Nikonians Basic members can upgrade the membership level here. Membership payments help sustain the growth of the Nikonians community and its services such as the Nikonians Academy.