Discuss this workshop
Like trains? Want to see the Texas hill country during a unique half-day train ride while learning how to use your camera and flash in a dynamic, in-motion environment? If so, join Winston Hall and a small group of Nikonians Photographers for a ride on the Hill Country Flyer. The adventure begins when we depart from the Austin Steam Train Association location in Cedar Park, TX at 10:00 am for a two-hour ride through the Texas hill country before arriving Burnet, Texas.
In Burnet, TX we’ll take a break for lunch before heading back to the Hill Country Flyer to witness and photograph the lawmen and scoundrels of Burnet as they shoot it out in the streets of Burnet, TX. Following the shoot out we’ll board the train for our return ride back to Cedar Park, Texas.
You’ll find lots of photo opportunities both during the train ride and the layover in Burnet, TX.
During the train ride we’ll explore:
• Controlling exposure in high contrast situations
• Using fill flash and gels in dynamic environments
• How to correctly set white balance in mixed lighting
• How to capture action photos
• Using f/stop, shutter speeds and lens selection to tell a story about your train ride
Workshop / Train schedule:
• Meet in Cedar Park, TX at 9:30 am
• Train departs Cedar Park, TX at 10:00 am
• Train returns to Cedar Park, TX at 4:00 pm
There is a snack bar and restrooms on the train.
For more information about the Austin Steam Train Association click here http://www.austinsteamtrain.org/.
For information about the Gunfighters of Burnet click here http://burnetgunfighters.org/.
Member prices are only applicable to Nikonians Silver, Gold and Platinum Members. Non-members can register as Nikonians members here. Nikonians Basic members can upgrade the membership level here. Membership payments help sustain the growth of the Nikonians community and its services such as the Nikonians Academy.